Is it time for you to go wedding dress shopping but you feel clueless about what you should wear to go try on wedding dresses? That is totally normal because shopping for a wedding dress is not something we do often. Here are some helpful hints to help you have a stress free wedding dress shopping experience.
- Clothes: Wear something simple that is easy to put on and take off. You will most likely be trying on a lot of dresses and going to several different boutiques, so you do not want to fiddle around with your own clothing. You will have plenty of time trying to figure out how you will get in and out of different wedding dresses. This Anthropologie lace shift dress is easy to slip on, there are no buttons or any closures that you have to spend time on closing. Stay away from buttons, snaps, hook and eyes, and ties. Along with clothing you also want to have the correct undergarments. You will have someone helping you in and out the dresses, so you want to feel comfortable. Strapless bras can be handy and any control you may want and need under your dress.
- Make-Up: Less is more in this case, wear little to no make-up. You have to remember that you are trying on white dresses (or light colored dresses) so you want to be careful with how much make-up you put on. Also you want to be careful with scents you wear, light fragrances and invisible deodorant is the best. Make-up, smells, and deodorant can damage the dresses.
- Jewelry: I would stay away from wearing a lot of jewelry. You do not want to get caught on anything or snag something. I recommend a pair of simple studs, like these pearl earrings. If you have any jewelry you know you will wear on your wedding you may want to bring that so you can see how it will look with the dress you pick.
- Shoes: You will be walking around a lot and on your feet modeling the dresses, so you want to wear shoes you will be comfortable in. If you have the shoes you are going to wear on your wedding day you should definitely bring them so you can try them on with the dresses. If you do not know what shoes you are going to wear yet you can bring any heels you feel comfortable in or an average heel height that you often wear. A cute studded flat sandal for shopping around in and these cute neutral Michael Kors Heels that would look nice with any dress you may try on.
- Bag: You may want to carry a large enough bag to hold your heels in when you are not trying on dresses. Also you do not want to loose your bag in the midst of all the wedding dresses, so a large bag will help you be able to keep up with it. My personal fav, Large Hamilton North to South Micheal Kors tote bag in orange to add a little pop of color to the outfit.