I absolutely LOVE this time of year: the gatherings with friends and family, decorating our little town home, and celebrating true Hope entering the world! Here's a list of some of my favorite things to give during the holidays:
1. The Greatest Gift: This is by far the best advent devotional I've read! I am loving getting to read the story of Jesus' lineage and just be reminded of how creative God really is!
2. Noonday Jewelry: ladies if you haven't heard of this company, check them out! This company is only a few years old, and was birthed out of an adoption mom's quest to fundraise for her African adoption. She brought back jewelry from Africa to sell as a fundraiser, and the pieces were such a hit that she founded a whole company based upon employing women in third world countries to make gorgeous pieces. They also give a portion of their proceeds from trunk shows to fund adoptions.
3. Tom's Shoes: Most of you have heard of this shoe company that gives a pair of shoes to a child in a third world country for each pair of shoes you buy...win = win! These wedge booties are the most comfortable shoe I own!
4. ValMarie papers: This small company is run by a stay at home mom/designer. She crafts wedding invitations and these beautiful gratitude journals.
5. MayBooks: If you love designs, and love notebooks, you will LOVE this company. They design fun notebooks and stationary...
6. Deco Raleigh: Just visited this downtown Raleigh store for the first time and it is full of really fun local goods: jewelry, signage, mugs, beer glasses, etc. You won't leave that store empty-handed, I can guarantee it! I really love this Raleigh sign that they have:
7. Videri Chocolate: I mean seriously, anything that's chocolate with sea salt is a winner in my book! This cute little downtown Raleigh chocolate shop is such a charm! They also host small parties in their space - would be perfect for a wedding or baby shower!
More important than all these gifts though, is the sweet time with the ones you love this holiday! Soak it up!